School's out, school's out, summer starts today!
Those are the words to a simple song that I used to teach the kids on the piano. I'm finished with school. I checked out and left my badge, went to Muscle Pump and headed home. I didn't really say goodbye to everyone because I will see some of them before I leave, and besides, it's too painful. I'd rather say "see you later."
Yesterday, my co-workers organized a wonderful get together for me. We met at a local restaurant for pie and visiting. They invited some others that I used to work with and have moved on. I was surprised and pleased to see them. We had a great time visiting and laughing together. They also gave me a card and a beautiful Swarovski crystal poinsettia ornament. I had to save the card until I got home and had several tissues to blow my nose while I read it.


In the picture from left to right, front row are Cathy, Colleen, Kathy, Ona, Kerrie, back row Sharon D, Sharon A, Donna, Judy, Lana, me and Gail. In the other picture, that's LaRae, who came too late for the first picture. Ona also gave me a record (yes, that black plastic round thing that plays music) from her father in law's home - "The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Greatest Hits." That's an antique, I think. She also got me a little decorated rock to put in my garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment