Sunday, March 2, 2008
Why not Logan?
It's official, and I can at last share the news. We're moving. Bryce has been offered and has accepted the position of director of the Center for Persons With Disabilities at Utah State University. This is an amazing new adventure for us. We'll be selling our home and moving in the early summer. The Lord has a plan for us, we're not sure of all of it, but part of it includes pulling up roots and heading to a new place. For us, that new place is home, since our parents and three of our children (including two spouses and two grandsons) live there. The job is worth the move all by itself, even it if wasn't going home. So, we're feeling excited and at the same time sad to leave behind all the wonderful people here in Minot. We have loved our 11 plus years here. (I like to say that we've been here twelve winters.) Comments to Bryce from people in Logan include "hooray!" and "Yippee." Comments from people in Minot have ranged from "We're happy for you" to "s*&%." Change is never easy. We hope that the Lord has some service in mind for us when we get moved. We want to be a benefit to people and feel that Minot has been a place where we were truly needed. More news later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congrats! My Grandma Buhr, Uncle Tom Buhr, and my sister Kim Thomas both live in Logan. Enjoy the Mexican food and the mountains for me when you get there.
Swearing on your blog? Let me guess, it was probably Joe F.? Well, us Logan-ites are pretty excited for you to come down. :) Love ya!
WHAT, what!?! That is so exciting!! I'm so excited for you. But really, really sad all at the same time... Well, we will only be here just a year longer so I think we can survive. But you really couldn't have asked for anything better. USU and family, what a wonderful announcment. You guys will be greatly missed!!
AAAAGGHHHHH! My first visit to your blog, and that's what I find? Now I'm sure of it: it's time to get new LDSFS "volunteers," because I can't do it without you! I actually will miss you in so many avenues it's hard to think about; but, like anyone who loves you, I am happy for you to move home, and close to children and grandchildren. I will just accept missing you; and there is this blog to keep us in touch. :-} But the real question is, can Minot handle life after Fifields? Summer sounds so soon-- good luck selling the house and finding something just right for you there. Did I say I will miss you?
Love, Karla
P.S. I enjoyed the pictures of Boston - we visited there a couple of years ago, and loved it. So much history, so much culture, so much human variety... Great place.
This is what happens when your whole family gets sick and you miss almost two full Sundays of church.
I read Sara's blog and that's how I found out! I'm calm now though. And I'm very happy for you. Logan is a wonderful area. How awesome for you to be moving near lots of family!
You were right about there being news waiting for me, that it some news. Wow, that is all I can think of. It is really cool that you guys will be so close with so much family. Good Luck with the house selling but you might not need it with all that new pretty flooring.
Post a Comment