Monday, March 10, 2008

Crazy Nodaks

Call us crazy, but Saturday we just had to do it - take a drive out onto Lake Sakakawea. We were coming back from Bismarck, and we've been talking about doing this for some time now. We knew that it was our last chance; they'll be pulling the ice houses off the lake soon. So we drove down to the boat launch and out onto the lake. Bryce was the maniac driver, and realized quickly that there is no traction on lake ice. He did a little sliding before he could slow down enough to stop and turn around. It was rather exciting! He told me that I have no sense of adventure. I guess I was complaining a little too mightily. It is interesting to look down and see blue ice going down and down. I didn't bring my camera, but I took some pictures (rather lousy ones) with my phone. I should have gotten out and walked around and taken a picture of the car on the ice, but I had my dress on (we were returning from the temple) and it was windy and cold outside. So, I just shot some from my seat in the car, and then I got my finger over the lens anyway. Here's one picture. You'll have to use your imagination.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Brrr!! I'm glad you can say you did it, though. You can't live in ND for 10 years and not have driven on the lake. Now you can leave ;)

Are there any other things you "have to do" before you go? We made a list like that when we knew we were soon to leave Washington DC.