November 7 at sea November 8 Huatulco, Mexico
I’m not keeping up with these blogs very well. I have to type them into an email and then send them, and since they are mostly pictures, they don’t send as easily as text. I am keeping a pretty good update on my journal blog, but it doesn’t have many pictures. When I get back, I’ll probably add a few more pictures to these pages, so come back and look again later.
In Huatulco, we chose a sailing and swimming adventure. The advertisement promised a short swim at a secluded beach, but didn’t say that we would have to jump off the boat in about eight feet of water, swim to shore and then swim back again, climbing a ladder into the boat. Neither Dad nor Diane, nor about half of the other people on the boat chose to get off. Bryce and I did, and enjoyed the warm salty sea water for a few minutes. The attempt to get a breeze to fill the sails was unsuccessful, and so we bobbed out in the ocean for half an hour or so, watching for wildlife. We saw a turtle and a school of fish making the water flutter on top while a flock of birds followed. The open sea and no forward motion made a lot of us seasick and we weren’t unhappy to go back. Huatulco is a beautiful little port that has been built mainly for tourists. It would be a lovely place to spend a week.




No comments:
Post a Comment