Monday morning I called the home phone on my way home from exercise class. I got a lovely message from Qwest about not being able to complete the call. I made a high sign and said "YES!" This is the first time in over thirty two years of marriage that we haven't had a home phone, and it actually feels great! I haven't heard from anyone who is frustrated at not being able to reach me. I sent a message to all the Relief Society ladies in our Sunday email newsletter letting them know of the change, and most everyone has already been calling me on my mobile phone anyway. They know it's the best way to reach me. I think about thirty percent of the calls I've received on the home phone in the last year have been a recorded voice offering me a "last chance" to lower my interest rates on my credit card. So land line, goodbye. It's been good, but you are not what I need anymore.
If you don't have my mobile phone number, leave me a comment here and I'll email it to you.
1 comment:
That is awesome. I wish we could get rid of one of our phones. We have one that is a VOIP-- so if the internet connection goes down, or we lose power, we lose the phone. The other land-line the phone company REQUIRED us to get when we moved last year. They said it was mandatory with the internet package-- or some such nonsense. The only calls I get on that one are recorded messages about credit cards, house payments, and surveys. So I finally just turned off the ringer on it. But I wish I didn't have to pay for it.
And I would like your phone number. We may be passing through there. I'm not sure yet. But you can email me at nikki(lastname)@hotmail.com You know my last name. No parenthesis needed. ;)
Post a Comment