Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WW: School starts again

School starts today here in my town, and next week for the University.  In years past, school starting was HUGE for me.  It meant a big change in my day to day schedule, and the end of long summer days at home.  Thanks to my wonderful husband Bryce, I am able to be a "stay at home" grandma at this stage in my life.  I love that.  People (especially my dad) tease me about taking on too many things, and tell me that I'm even busier than I was when I worked full time, but this time I'm busy with the things I choose.  I baked sourdough bread this week and made two pots of soup using garden vegetables.  I can spend a little of each day out in the garden, and I can go with Bryce when he heads out of town.  (I did that last Friday instead of hiking.)  It's an amazing time in my life, and yes, you moms with little children, this time will come for you!

So, today for Wednesday's wonderful thing, I'm grateful that school is starting without me.

In case you didn't know, WW is Wednesday's wonderful thing.  Each Wednesday I blog about something that I'm grateful for this week.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I've been watching the kids from our neighborhood walk to school today. It's so cute with their little backpacks. Next year Lee will start Kindergarten. I am excited for that phase of my life. It's good to enjoy whatever phase of life we're in now. I'm glad you have the opportunity to stay at home--it is very special!

Nan said...

You are definitely at a good stage in life. And yes, spending time with your hubby is more important than hiking with the ladies.

JoLynn said...

I envy your bread making skills. Teach me please! BTW....I'm sure glad we're friends :)