Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WW: It's harvest time!

I've been watching my big green monsters (tomato plants) grow more each day, but wasn't sure they were putting on fruit.  Then Saturday morning, Bryce and I went out and did a harvest of the garden.  Oh my!  We were amazed and happily surprised.  Most of the tomatoes came from one plant, I believe and "Early Girl" variety.  I lifted up a big branch that had grown over the top of the cage and was hanging down, and down inside the plant it was solid red.  They were hanging in big clusters like cherry tomatoes only bigger.  And cucumbers!  I haven't had any of these wonderful tasty critters from my garden in three years.  Tomatoes and cucumbers from your garden - nothing beats them.  I do have two zucchini in that box too, but the rest are cucs.  We had BLTs for lunch on Saturday while we moved Sara and Eric back and cucumbers and tomatoes for Sunday dinner.  Yum!

And, I'm grateful to have Sara and Eric back in town.  I've missed them.





This is my weekly gratitude post.  I like to remember something Wonderful on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Those beans are fabulous :) We had a little pot of garden beans, but the bunnies have been brutal to the beans Allison and I tried to grow this year. Any ideas besides hiring a full time scare-dog?