This was another one of those weeks that the Likin' Hikin' Ladies did multiple hikes. Ours was Friday morning, and we took along some of my high school classmates who were in town for our class reunion. We started out planning to hike to White Pine Lake, but as we drove past the Temple Fork road, I suggested maybe a switch to the Temple Sawmill trail and everyone agreed. By doing that, we cut off about two hours, partly in driving and partly in hiking and it saved me the five bucks parking too - win win all the way. Besides, Temple Sawmill is one of my favorite trails. I just love the little stream that we follow the whole way. I can now say I've hiked this trail in every season, and I love it in all seasons of the year.
What's left of the sawmill.
Nancy, Sherry and Laurie
The stream that follows the trail.
A beaver pond - there are several.
Finished the hike - Norma, Sherry, Laurie and Nancy
3 comments:
It looks like your hike was another successful one. I was on my way to work when you were all in the parking lot ready to go. It's a good thing we were hiking later that day or I might have cried. I hope to hike again with you soon!
What a fun way to start you reunion. My guess is you got better caught up with Sheri and Nancy than your other high school friends. No better way to talk than on a beautiful hike with friends.
How long a hike is this one and how difficult is it? Can you tell the bug has bitten? Darn you! :)
Post a Comment