Bryce and I went with my parents last night to "Moonlight Serenade," an evening of Glen Miller type music with a luscious dinner served as a fundraiser for my brother's high school band. It was wonderful, but we didn't get home until after 11:00. Then the wind began to howl during the night, rattling our bedroom window screen and whistling around the house. At 2:02 a.m., the back door to the garage opened. I know this because our security system rang a bell and recorded the door opening. The bell woke me, but at first I thought it was a dream. I actually got up, went into the bathroom and logged onto the security system through my phone before venturing out to see if it was really open. It was. I closed it at 2:05 (it's in the log) and went back to bed, but the wind woke me twice more before it was actually time to wake up. As I lay there listening to the wind howl, I wondered how it would affect our hike today. There have been several times when I wondered if the weather would cause us to change our plans, but it never has. Yes, eight ladies braved the wind for about a seven mile hike today along the shore of what was many years ago a great lake. Hence the name: Bonneville Shoreline Trail. It skirts the city, runs just above our house, and today we picked up the southern end of the trail. I went early and helped two of the ladies get some cars to the end of the trail so that we could drive back. Here are some highlights:
On the northern part of the trail, we're above my house and the golf course. The view is very nice.
Couldn't resist visiting this little tree growing from a rock.
Then we head down off the mountain to cross the road and go around the water.
Gotta walk through a neighborhood to get back to the trail on the other side of the canyon.
And we start back up another section of the trail.
Looking back
End of the trail.
And the cars are here where we left them.
That was almost seven miles. A great day, in spite of the wind.










1 comment:
I got to walk through that wind all around campus today! reminded me of ND. :)
Post a Comment