Monday, April 12, 2010

In between snowshoes and boots

I love my "Likin' Hikin' Ladies!"  I know it's probably boring to you blog followers out there, but our hikes and snowshoe adventures are a highlight of my week.  I've made great friends, and improved myself along with it.  What a great activity to do with friends, and what a beautiful world we have to do it in!
It's April, kind of a crossover time when the snow is beginning to recede.  We had nearly eight inches of new snow last Tuesday, and so we wondered about snowshoeing vs. hiking in boots this Friday.  We ended up hiking one of our local canyons and there were places where we sank into the snow a bit, but the boots worked fine.  It is a beautiful canyon, but a cloudy day.  Enjoy the pictures!

These tracks were all over.  It took us awhile to figure out what made them, but later we saw a flock of about thirty wild turkeys as we went back down the canyon.

No comments: