
We haven't even started hiking yet, but everyone has to set up their cameras for the timed group shot. Pretty crazy. I even bought a little tripod for the purpose. But, if we aren't hiking for the pictures and the beauty of the world, why are we going?

Yup, there were ten of us this time.

This shot shows a bit of the steepness of the trail, but here we're going down, and of course there was plenty of up.

But the view at the end, oh, so worth it.

At the beginning of the summer, before I started hiking, I was hesitant to go. I worried that I wasn't physically fit enough to keep up. I worried that I didn't have time, and I didn't know these ladies very well (I'm actually pretty shy). None of those worries remain. I love these ladies, I have gained a lot of strength over the summer, physically and emotionally, and I discovered that I NEED to go. It is such an uplift for me. I am so grateful to the Lord for the beautiful world He gave us and the beautiful people I have been given to associate with.
6 comments:
Well said Laurie to all the above! This last hike was another great hike and one that I look forward to hiking again. What a blessing in my life you have all been. I still can't believe what an amazing experience this has all been.
What a blessing to have this one last hike for the season. I agree that our world is something we should be grateful for every day. Whenever I get to spend some time just being outside, I always think of that primary song "My Heavenly Father Loves me". I'm glad you shared your experiences so I could hike the mountains vicariously! ;)
I, like you, have needed these hikes. I've loved getting close to all these ladies. I'm glad we're not finished.
So Jealous ;-) That lake is one of my favorite places. What a fabulous group of ladies to hang out with and hiking is so much more healthy and rewarding than going out to lunch (which is what my friends like to do)
Well, I can say that I'm scared to join you in even a small hike next week (pending weather). Thanks for considering one more for the little sister!
So...I think it's time for you to post more pictures again. Of you reading books with your grandkids. If you need pictures, check your camera. 0:)
Post a Comment