There are three varieties here - "Mini Jalapeno," "Red Fire," and "Purple Super Hot." The Mini Jalapeno look just like a regular Jalapeno pepper, but the plants are smaller. They can actually be eaten. I don't have enough peppers on that plant to save seeds. The red fire has a lighter colored foliage with bright red flame shaped peppers that stick up. The Purple Super Hot has purple colored foliage and the round purple peppers also stick up above the leaves. Both are gorgeous.
By the way, the peppers grew much too tall for the Aerogarden. I took the light off and put the garden in my light stand under a taller light.
The purple Super Hot's are ripening and turning orange and red. They were purple as they grew. The Red Fire ones turn from green to red very quickly and stay red through most of the season.
See the little green Mini Jalapeno in this picture?



2 comments:
So much fun! I love it. You've inspired me to go harvest the seeds from the peppers I grew this summer, that were sweet miniature bell peppers. I'd like to grow some more of those this year, but maybe a pot would be the best way to go, since they were so cute and little.
Oh, they are so pretty! I've never seen the little purple ones before.
Post a Comment