Today, because Matthew is out of town on business, I got to go with Kristin and Axton for a final walk through the new house. The builder took us through and explained things and wrote down things that needed fixing. The house was still dirty with construction debris, but the cleaners arrived just as we were leaving, so I'm sure the next time they see it, everything will be all clean.
This is so exciting for them! The best part is that there won't be a bunch of realtors taking people through with dirty feet before they get to move in. Here are some pictures I took, and maybe a movie if it works.

Second bathroom

Kitchen floor (dirty - but was soon to be cleaned)

Entry - left to right front door, coat closet, door to garage, storage closet
Inside look at kitchen pantry

Axton is the first person in the family to eat in his new house. Just for posterity - he had squash.
Transition from kitchen floor to hallway carpet
Kitchen cabinets
Kitchen (hole is where the stove will go - they brought an electric one, and should have brought gas). Notice the nice fridge.

5 comments:
AHH!!! I love it! I'm glad my mom went and took such good photos/video so I can see it while I'm away. Yay for new house!
AHHH, I am in love with the fact that you have TWO closets by your entry! AND I love the fact that both entries are close to each other. SOOOO Practical for real life and everyday use!
I'm excited for you to be moving in and wish I were closer - I'd babysit Axton as my way of helping ;-)
umm, sorry about my odd name...I will once again return to being Sue after Jan 24th (after Little Philmont ends)
I'm so excited for you, Matthew and Kristin! It is a beautiful home, and I know you'll make it even better.
Gorgeous house! And what a darling baby! I just want to cuddle him right up.
By the way, I would've preferred to buy a gas stove myself. ;)
Post a Comment