Thirty years ago today, Bryce and I braved stormy weather (along with all of our family) to travel from Logan to Salt Lake City and back to be married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake temple. We went to Salt Lake because that was during the time when the Logan temple was being completely gutted and remodeled. So, Happy Anniversary to us!
Today we drove back from Salt Lake City in a bad storm. We've been there the last two nights celebrating. I guess the weather wanted to give us some nostalgia. While in Salt Lake we stayed at the Kimball condominium (we're owners now) and walked across the street to see the lights on temple square. We also spent some time at the Family History Library, shopped at Gateway mall and visited the new planetarium (which used to be Hansen and now is Clark), had dinner at Rodizio grill and walked around Trolley Square. We ate several meals at the condo, which was nice.
This morning when we left Salt Lake, the sky was blue and the sun shining. We hit the snow at about Willard and drove the rest of the way home in poor visibility with the snow sticking to the windshield and the wipers. It's still snowing, but the storm is moving south.
Lisa and Sara are on their way to our house to fix dinner. I hope that we'll be able to get them back up the hill. We're heading out to plow things now. It's still snowing!
3 comments:
What a wonderful adventure and I'm glad you're safe. It sounds like a great, nostalgic trip.Congratulations and many, many more.
Stephanie
Congratulations! That's a beautiful, beautiful story. I just love you guys...
Congratulations Laurie and Bryce!!! We are not sure how you could have been married for 30 years since we haven't lived much more than that:)
Post a Comment