Today Bryce and I spent the afternoon helping our neighbors with new sod. We were working madly along and felt that we needed more help, so I called Cody and Lisa. They came up with the kids and Cody was a great help. Lee got thoroughly filthy (sorry Lisa!) but had such a good time sweeping and throwing dirt clods and stomping in mud. Lisa went to the house to feed the baby and care for her. We were able to get all the sod laid by about 4:30. By then, Lisa and Cody and kids had left for another engagement. Bryce and I came inside, washed up and crashed for awhile. Then, just as we were starting to feel hungry, and I was trying to think up something to fix for dinner (thinking about something that wouldn't be too hard and make me ache more), Cody called and asked me to go look in the fridge. Surprise! While we were working outside, Lisa whipped up a wonderful Turkey Tetrazinni casserole. All I had to do was put it in the oven and heat it up. Oh, man that was good, just the right thing. Bryce and I felt that it was manna from heaven - comfort food. Bryce's comment was "it really hits the spot." Thanks so much Lisa! (If you don't understand the movie, that's OK, Lisa will. It's a family thing.
2 comments:
Manna from heaven? Maybe I should have written down what I did put in that thing... :) Thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad you appreciated it--it was fun for me to see how quickly I could make a dinner and clean it up.
OK, that made my day. Lisa is amazing.
Post a Comment