
Here's the whole family posing for a picture on Christmas Eve before dinner. Do Bryce and I look as bleary eyed as we felt?

Here's the beautiful table, all set with brand new Christmas China and ready to hold the ham dinner for Christmas Eve. Lisa spearheaded a surprise gift of dishes to Laurie's parents from all the grandchildren. Lee is trying out the dishes. (He may be hungry.) Sara is setting the table.
We kept up the tradition of "stocking notes" again this year, including my parents and Karin. We write a note to each person and put them in their stockings some time before Christmas Eve night. Then we take out the notes and go around the circle reading them aloud. It always is a mixture of laughing and crying (in a good way) and loving each other.
We opened presents at Lisa's house Christmas morning, and had the traditional Eggs Benedict breakfast about noon. Here's Cody wearing the gift that Sara bought at the dollar store. She bought presents for everyone and then some silly things.

One of the best parts of the holiday was being with our grandson Lee. He is such a happy smiling boy. He and I had fun playing with this Fisher Price Nativity set. He learned the animal sounds pretty well. The donkey says "ah-hee" and the cow says "oooo." He already knew the sheep - "ba." His favorite was the camel though - it spits.

Matthew and Kristin knew the perfect gift for Lee - Matthew's broken cell phone. But Lee also loved the cars that Grandma and Grandpa made. We made a set for each of the Great-grandparents also.
I couldn't resist snapping this picture of Lee's backside as he climbs into the kitchen cupboard. At one point, his feet weren't even on the ground. Lisa has given up on organizing her bowls and lids!
Matthew and Kristin got a "Wii" from Santa Claus. We had fun playing it. A Wii gets people up and moving unlike the usual video games.
Grandma and Granddad feed our kids Sunday dinner nearly every week. Even the Californians have been to Grandma and Granddad's for a Sunday dinner. This year's gift to all those who had been to their home for a Sunday dinner was an apron stitched with their name and "Sunday Dinner 2007." Here are our kids all decked out in their aprons.
Kathy and Doug found a great pepper mill for their dad for Christmas. It works great!
I have about a hundred more pictures, but I think I've bored you enough. I hope you had as great a Christmas as we did!





1 comment:
That picture of Lee climbing in the cupboard has me reminiscing of Hunter being little. I remember finding him covered in lotion several times.
Once he got the powered chocolate for making chocolate milk and dumped it all over our kitchen floor. Wow, can't wait for that age again :)
Post a Comment