Thursday, May 3, 2012

Change

When I began blogging about five years ago, I chose the title "Nothing is as Constant as Change" because we were about to make a big change in our lives, selling our home of 12 years and moving back to Utah. After we moved I asked Bryce if I should change the title.  He said no, it was still an appropriate one.  He was right.

This week and through the weekend, our lives are making another big change.  This morning Lucy Ivalou was born, our eighth grandchild, making four girls and four boys.  I've already fallen in love with her as I got to visit this afternoon.  She is the first baby of my baby.  Tonight as I fed, bathed, PJ'd, read stories and got teeth brushed with the three grandkids living in our basement,  I thought maybe this is the end of the five months of having them in my care several nights a week.  Dad F said to me today, and it is really true, "after this weekend, your lives will be very different.

1 comment:

Nan said...

You'll look back on those months with your grand children in your basement with fondness. Congrats on Lucy Ivalou. I want the story on where they got the name.