I'm so grateful tonight to be back home after spending two nights at the hospital. I am lucky. I have a wonderful husband who cares about me and is there to back me up. I have the Priesthood of God in my home and men who honor that priesthood to give me blessings. I am healthy and will recover quickly from this surgery, in fact I plan to feel better than I did before. I have friends and family nearby who called, prayed for me, brought flowers and balloons and visited. I have wonderful children who love me and care enough to call, send flowers, cook soup, and just let me know they care. Mostly, I have a posterity that cannot be diminished. When Bryce came to visit me after the birth of our first daughter Kathy, he brought me a vase of three carnations - two white ones representing the two of us, and a pink one representing the new baby. When Matthew was born I got two white, a pink and a blue. This pattern continued with each baby. This time I was in the women's center with new babies in the rooms nearby, having had the opposite of delivering a baby. But in came Sara with a vase of carnations - two white, eight pink and eight blue. That represents Bryce and I, four children, four spouses and almost eight grandchildren. Yes, I'm so very lucky!
5 comments:
8 grandchildren. ;)
I love this post. You are definitely blessed. Get well soon! It's not the same without you on our Friday adventures.
That is such a cute tradition!
So glad you are home and well.
I am so glad to hear you are well! What a terrible friend I am to be so late in reading this! I wish I was there to help. **HUGS**
Post a Comment