Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bath time

Grandchildren.  What an amazing blessing!  I miss the ones that are far away in California and delight in "Skyping" with them.  They are all brilliant and adorable!  But right now, three of them are living in my basement and I spend at least two nights a week alone with them.  The almost one year old was so silly tonight.  I bathed her first, in the upstairs tub.  She had an absolute blast.  She won't lie down on her back, but loves to stand and then belly flop, open mouth grabbing water and coming up grinning.  Baths are the highlight of her day.  After I got her out, I put her three year old sister in the tub and helped her wash her hair while little sister continued to babble and laugh and try to climb in.  When I turned around, she had both legs up on the edge of the tub.  Next we went downstairs to help big brother get water in the tub and get washed.  Again, she did everything she could to climb in with him.  She does love baths!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It's a lot of fun to put them all together! Not sure if it's any easier, but it gets the job done.

Laurie HF said...

It is fun, but Lee is just getting so big now that he fills the tub all by himself. Katie won't lie on her back but insists on being on her stomach. When I put enough water in for Anna's very long hair to get washed, it's too much for Katie. So, we bathe separately. Sometimes Lee and Anna bathe together and once Katie climbed right in with the other two - clothes and all.