Friday, August 5, 2011

The opera is over, and off goes the beard

This afternoon we did our final performance of Boris Godunov.  This has been an absolutely amazing experience for us and one that we will never forget. 

Bryce has been getting sick and tired of this beard and couldn't wait to sleep one more night with it on, so here it goes!  (Thanks to Sara and Eric for the photography.)

Getting ready to begin.  It's nearly two inches long.  
 First we trimmed the beard a bit shorter.

 How about some mutton chops?


 OK, take off the sideburns a bit more.  Do you like the Goatee look?

 Trim off the inside of the beard . . .
 And you have a biker dude
 How about just a moustache?
Unfortunately we didn't take pictures of the final product.   But, I think he looks great.  Wait till you see him in person!


3 comments:

Nan said...

I see you're wearing your hiking shirt. Did you hike on Friday after the Opera?

JoLynn said...

Cute post Laurie and I love all the faces of the husband. You'll always remember this with fondness.

Rach said...

Ha! I love the biker dude, that is how my dad wears his all the time. Bishop(he will always be that in my book) can really pull off many looks!