I haven't blogged much lately so it's time for a bit of catch up. Here are a couple of projects that Bryce and I have been doing this month.
Is a house ever really finished? I think not, but our unfinished basement is getting close to being called finished. We finished the last of the trim. In fact, we took the compressor and nail gun to the garage! Here I am gluing the last little corner.
Of course Bryce is the brains on this project. He's nailing one the last pieces here. Next I have some spackling, caulking, priming and painting to do.
Here's the unfinished door, and below what it looks like with the trim. Of course I'm going to pain the trim still.
For almost three years now, I've been holding a chunk of money as an incentive to Bryce when he gets the garage organized. I think we're getting closer now. We bought these hanging storage units and installed two of them this week. The scariest, hardest part is putting the bars on the ceiling when you have only a six foot ladder. You can't see his feet, but can you see where the top of the ladder is in the picture above?
This one is on the east side of the garage. We've already loaded it with the snow tires, the large Christmas wreath and several other things that were taking garage floor space.
Now we're starting the job to hang one over the workbench. We've already moved the workbench out of the way.
After the two bars go on the ceiling (the longest and hardest part), you fasten the vertical rods and then two more horizontal bars.
Next you slide the bottom pieces into their tracks.
And Voila! You have overhead storage! Bryce is planning to hang his two halogen shop lights underneath the shelf. They will make a good light for his workbench. He hasn't been able to use them until now. We're excited about how this will work!
1 comment:
I really enjoy posts like these. I love to see how people organize and learn about new organizing techniques. That is clever to use for overhead storage. And WOW! You have a very tall garage.
Post a Comment