Sunday, February 20, 2011

I like winter!

I have to admit, in the past I have NOT liked winter.  In fact, after surviving my first North Dakota winter, I couldn't enjoy the next fall knowing that winter came next.  I don't know if you could blame me, after all our first three weeks in our new home didn't see an outside temperature without a minus sign in front of it.  We unloaded the freezer from the moving truck into the garage, plugged it in, and used it for over two months before we realized that the GFI circuit was tripped and the freezer wasn't getting any power.  Even now that we don't live in North Dakota, there are still days when the snow causes problems.  This morning we shoveled about eight inches from our driveway and the road so that we could get to church. I thought I might have to take Bryce down in Gus and then go later to bring him back.  But he was able to get the car up the road and by afternoon all the places that were shoveled were just wet.  When we were at church, a Good Samaritan came by and plowed our street so the rest of the day was fine.

Yes, in the past I have not liked winter, but that changed when I took up snow shoeing with a wonderful bunch of ladies here.  Now new snow means fresh stuff to walk on. I'm (almost) not looking forward to the snow being gone.  Here's a few pictures of the last two Friday's snowshoe adventures.









What a beautiful world Heavenly Father has given us, Spring, Summer, Fall and WINTER!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful! It makes me want to move back to Utah :) and take up snowshoeing. I've never been on snowshoes.

After being away for so long, I've forgotten how amazing those mountains are. You are so blessed to have them practically right in your backyard.

JoLynn said...

I like winter too! Love the scenery shots. Beautiful :)