Here's the first two posts on this subject:
http://bryceandlaurie.blogspot.com/2009/04/toothless.html
http://bryceandlaurie.blogspot.com/2009/04/addendum-to-toothless.html
This morning I had my implant inserted – the first step to getting my new tooth. The numbness has worn off and right now it doesn't feel much like anything happened except that I have a small plastic disc on the surface of my gums where the screw was inserted. I am on Ibuprofen, and I think there may be some achiness after that wears off, but right now I feel really good.
This picture shows a bit what it looks like. Today they inserted the screw, minus the cap that holds the tooth.

Dr. L said that the procedure went very well. He was replacing a tooth with two roots and the goal is to place the implant between the places where the two roots used to be. Also, they have to be sure not to hit the nerve with the titanium screw. They took two X-rays as they worked, and another when they were finished and all looks very good. Now we let that heal and then come in with a crown that screws into the post they put in today. I saw the crown part, and he actually screwed it in for the last X-ray, so I know how it will feel when that goes in permanently. Now I have some months to let this heal, and then they will build the new tooth and put it in. I’m scheduled to get my new tooth a few days before Thanksgiving. What a great thing to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment