Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sick day

Lisa wrote about having a sick day last week. Yesterday it was Sara's and my turn. Bryce was out of town and Tuesday night he got sick, then Wednesday morning Sara and I got it. This is a stomach flu that is potent but thankfully short-lived. It came with all the classic stomach flu symptoms plus Sara and I both had over 100 degree fevers last night. Sara and I stayed in bed sleeping most of the day. I even had to call in sick for my Carmen performance last night. I learned my lesson a number of years ago when we lived in Idaho. I woke up sick one Sunday morning when I was supposed to sing in a choir for Stake Conference. We had a general authority coming to speak. I insisted on drinking a little apple juice and going anyway and ended up passing out and vomiting on myself during the meeting. Yikes! So, we just stayed in bed and avoided everything. Bryce arrived home last night, feeling a bit better. We all had a good night's sleep and today are just taking it easy. We're all still feeling just a bit shaky from it all.

In other news, the guys never came to mud and tape yesterday, which was probably a good thing. This morning the doorbell rang three times - first the guy saying he was here to start the project, then him again saying he would have the materials delivered, and then the guy with the materials. Again, I'm grateful I can just tell them to walk around to the back door and bring things in. I can hear them working downstairs now.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

:( I'm so sorry you were sick. It's totally the pits. I am glad you took the day off; it was the best thing to do, I think. You'll probably want to just lay low for a few days, and try not to visit many people until at least the weekend, just in case. We love you lots, and anything we can do, just give us a ring.

Anonymous said...

hai, it's very nice to see you, i love this post
greeting from me
http://www.freez-template.blogspot.com