Lisa already did a wonderful job posting about our experience (see it here), but I thought I'd put up a few pictures and thoughts also.
Here we are at the starting line. The pink balloon arch marks the beginning of the race. We thought we were about at the end, but found out later that we were actually about in the middle.

We were amazed at the number of people involved in the "race." Many came in teams and carried signs or wore banners in honor or memory of someone who has battled breast cancer.
These next two pictures are the view in front and behind as we walked. That sea of pink all the way back and forward is people.


There were some really funny and some really serious T-shirts, and signs. A pair of men we saw had shirts that read "save the man boobs, big or small, we love 'em all." One said "Thanks for the Mammaries" and one set had pictures of owls located strategically with "save the Hooters" below them. There were many, many more. I loved this woman with her dog and their matching pink boas

We had a long wait for frites at the Belgian waffle and frites shop, but it was well worth it when we were eating. Here Lee is demonstrating the traditional Belgian wooden fork.


The Discovery Center at the Gateway was lots of fun for all. Sara and Eric put on a puppet show for Lisa, Lee and Cody.


2 comments:
Sara and Eric did the puppet show, not Lisa and Eric. I liked watching it, though! Thanks for doing the race with me, mom. I had a great time.
I was tired last night. You mean what I know. (I fixed it)
Post a Comment