Saturday, May 16, 2009

Birds in our yard

We don't leave for Alaska until Monday, and I know we'll be seeing a lot of amazing things, but I just have to share the birds that are right here in our own yard. We live in a wide open area and around our home we've heard or seen robins, owls, turkeys, pheasants, meadowlarks, hummingbirds, magpies, pigeons, sparrows, finches, and I'm sure many others that I don't recognize. Here's a movie of an evening on our front porch. You can hear the meadowlarks and see the crazy hummingbirds at our feeder. We actually have two feeders this year, one in front and one in back. They still fight over it though!


They are really noisy when they zoom around.
And sometimes they actually sit still.

The other excitement today was getting the watering system on the new garden. Sara and I planted on Wednesday. I've missed having a garden! We spent last summer moving and getting a yard put in. It was such a thrill to see the watering system turn on and work that I just had to take pictures.

This picture has a better view of the cool valve system my dad built for me. Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

The Schooley's said...

I am so glad you got your garden! I would love to sit out on the porch & just listen to all the birds you have flying around there. What a great life!

Sue said...

Fun video of all the birds! I love listening to meadowlarks and hummingbirds are amazingly fierce.

I didn't realize your garden was going to be such a nice size.

Can't wait for you to put videos of whale sightings up. :-)