Cody and his friend Danny were cutting particle board shelves, one after another. They also worked on a table for Danny made from oak. Lee and Anna (while Katie was sleeping) made ghost and bat patterns from paper, cut them out and drew them on wood. Then Lisa cut them out with the scroll saw. Bryce and I worked on a hat rack and getting his lathe and scroll saw mounted on a stand so that they can be moved around the garage and off of his work bench.
Anna has the stakes that will be glued to the ghosts so that they can float along the sidewalk in their front yard.
After the pieces were cut out, we moved into the basement (while the boys kept sawing outside), and were joined by now rested Katie. There we painted bats and ghosts.
And played with the cutouts a little bit.
Grandpa built a fire in our backyard fireplace to burn up all the scraps we made today. It was a bit chilly so we put on borrowed sweatshirts and played in the back yard. The boys kept sawing in the garage.
This sweatshirt was obviously too big for Katie.
At the end of the day, since the boys were still sawing and working, we ordered pizza and ate it in the back yard. It was a busy and fun project day. Now, I need pictures of the finished projects! I hope someone will send me some.
1 comment:
How fun!!!! I miss doing crafts. looks like a good time
Post a Comment