Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blah week

I feel like a slacker.  I have done little to nothing this week except blow my nose, cough, and sit at my computer.  I haven't even blogged!  I am feeling much better today, though.  I'm still coughing, but it's not a tight hard lump in my chest anymore and I have a bit more energy.  Tonight Lee and Anna are coming to spend the night and early in the morning their parents head to the hospital to have a baby sister.  Anna spent the morning with me while Mom had a haircut (very cute!) and a pedicure.


We got new carpet yesterday, in the room that I planned to have Lee and Anna sleep in.  It's a lovely berber that matches, but not exactly, the berber in the other three rooms downstairs.  But, when I was vacuuming it for the first time I noticed some threads coming loose, leaving behind some empty holes with backing showing through - not good.  Now I'm waiting for the carpet guy to come back and have a look at it,  hopefully in the next hour or so.  I don't know exactly what to tell him.  If we get a new piece and install it again, it means the room torn up for at least another week.  I can live with that I guess.  I don't think I want to live with holes in the carpet and possibility of more holes appearing.

So, I moved some things around and blew up a couple of twin sized air mattresses. Even if we don't move furniture back in there, the kids can sleep in there on air mattresses.

No comments: