Tomorrow I will have been gone from home for a whole week. (On this trip.) Also tomorrow will be the end of January. I have slept in my own bed at home only 14 of the last 35 days, and it looks like it will be another week before I see it again. Living out of a suitcase is becoming very tedious. I have a plane reservation to fly home on Wednesday morning, but "baby brother" isn't in any hurry to get here. If he is born by midnight tonight (not going to happen), Kathy would be coming home from the hospital on Wednesday morning, just in time for me to fly home. Tomorrow morning she has a doctor appointment. The doctor told her last Monday that if she was a betting woman, Kathy would have this baby within 48 hours. I think she'd better not spend too much money betting. I'm hoping that tomorrow she will say, "OK Kathy, meet me at the hospital this afternoon."
We've had a great time, and have done lots of good preparations including a haircut and pedicure for Kathy, cleaning, baking, and lots of walking. One thing nice about being here is that I've been walking outside in short sleeves every morning. I've had a blast with Ben, and this weekend we had a wonderful visit to see Axton, Jayli, Matthew and Kristin. Ben and Axton are so great together. They had a wonderful time. Ben cried when it was time to say good-bye.
Tune in for tomorrow's news - after the doctor visit. Meanwhile I'm checking to see what it costs to change a non-refundable ticket. It looks like about $150. And other remaining questions are: Who wants to volunteer to fill in for me leading the music at DUP on Thursday? Will I get to sing in Elijah if I miss another rehearsal? How bad will my hair look before I finally get to go see Jenni? Can Bryce and I really spend two whole weeks apart? Who will take charge of the Superbowl party at my house? Will we get a winter lettuce crop in the basement this year? I know that the Relief Society ladies can do without me. I have fabulous counselors, but I'm sure they are really getting tired of covering for me. I will need a meeting covered this Sunday . . . Diane - no "I told you so's."
1 comment:
There was an article in the paper last week about Logan Regional Hospital and how it has fewer C sections than the national average. It said that babies and moms do better (and it costs less) if the baby goes beyond 39 weeks and is a regular delivery. Sounds like this baby wants to spend as much time in the cooker as possible and wants to be healthy. Good luck to mom, babe, and, of course, granny.
Post a Comment