Thursday, February 7, 2008

Grandparents again!

We're grandparents again! We were in Logan this week, and while we were there, Matthew and Kristin had their baby. Axton Matthew was five weeks early, but is doing well. He's still in the NICU until he is able to eat on his own.

Axton was 4 pounds, 1 ounce and 17 1/2 inches long. He's really tiny, but doing great.


All the Logan Great Grandparents, and his two aunts and I got to see him through the glass of the NICU. Here are a few pictures.






Later, Bryce and I got to scrub in and go into the NICU so that Dad and Grandpa could give Axton a blessing. Here he is in his isolette. They kept him in here to keep him warm for the first few days. He's now in a regular bed in the ICU.


Bryce and I made this changing table for Matthew and Kristin and brought it down at Christmas. Lisa and Sara were left in charge of the decorative painting. They thought they had more time, but Axton surprised them. We spent the day after he was born getting the painting done. Kristin has decorated the nursery in a jungle theme, so we continued that theme.



5 comments:

Kathy said...

AAHH! He's so adorable!!

Nikki said...

He is absolutely beautiful. Tiny and perfect. I know how hard it is to leave my baby in the NICU. He will be in our prayers. and Congrats to everyone!

Lisa said...

WOW! What a cute changing table... ;)

Abbey said...

I love that name. He is so tiny. I hope he will get to go home soon healthy and happy.

Tubbs Family said...

Thats one good looking grandson!! It is hard when they're early, but he was just so excited to see his grandparents! Congrats to your family!