Sunday, January 27, 2013

Release

Bryce was released today as First Counselor in the Logan Utah Young Single Adult 6th Stake.  The title of my blog really fits as we begin a new adventure.  We are feeling some melancholy and grief tonight at leaving these wonderful youth that we have come to love, and also the wonderful adults we've been serving alongside.  My brother Rob and his wife Sue, our good friends Tim and Janet and others get to stay, and I'm a bit jealous.  But on the other hand, their last day will come too.  It has been three years since Bryce was sustained into the presidency, Valentine's Day weekend 2010.  He had served as a member of the high council since the October before that. It has been a year and a few months since I was released as Relief Society President in my ward and headed off full time to be with him.  I'm grateful for that year.  Of course we had expected to stay a couple more years, but sometimes things don't go as expected, and we know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of each of us individually.  Our General Authority, Elder Golden, who has been with us this weekend, told us that Heavenly Father is in every facet of our lives.  He "micro-manages."  I know I will look back on this day in the future and finally understand, but right now I just need to have faith.  I do know that the new presidency was called of God and will be just what the stake needs right now.  For now, that's enough.

From left: Elder Summerhays, Eric Eckeness (Stake Clerk), President Fifield, President Woodland, President Bingham, Brother Parry (Stake Executive Secretary), Elder Golden

1 comment:

JoLynn said...

It must be hard for these good men to say goodbye to the YSA wards, stakes, and especially those with whom they serve. Val has mentioned a few times he hopes not to be released for a long time. He's not looking forward to the home ward after serving with such great young adults. Good to luck to Bryce as he makes the transition. The ward will be blessed to have him back.