Sunday, January 29, 2012

A new (revisited) role

These past two months I've been hesitant to blog about having my grandchildren living here for several reasons:  1. I love all of my grandchildren, including the ones that live far away and don't want anyone to think I'm playing favorites.  2. I don't want to steal the thunder from the parents by posting things about their kids.  But, as this season of our lives gets closer to the end (meaning they finish their house and move out), my role with the grandchildren is ever increasing.  I am now spending several nights a week and most of Saturdays as caregiver.  That means that Lisa is blogging about building a house, and so I'll blog about taking care of her kids.  I hope my other children and grandchildren will not mind and know that I love them too.

Yesterday we folded Origami flapping birds and Lee and Anna had so much fun flapping them all over the house that they eventually wore out. 


I've been helping Katie learn how to go down the stairs so that we don't have to park our big chair in front of the stairway all the time.  Now she's doing it with ease and we aren't worrying so much.
  One week ago, on Sunday, when Katie was wearing a dress all day, she decided that walking was better than crawling.  She has come a long way this week and now we can say with confidence that she is a walker.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! Go Katie!

Nan said...

What a good granny you are!