


Last year on my birthday, my kids bought me an "Aero Garden." It's an automatic hydroponic garden with a light. I've grown two batches of lettuce, and now I'm growing cherry tomatoes. The plants are loaded with little green tomatoes. I'm excited to see what happens when they begin to get ripe. There are three plants. I have to give them a little shake every other day to pollinate the flowers, keep the water filled up, and every two weeks the red lights come on to tell me to add nutrients. I open the little door, drop in two tablets and push the reset button. Occasionally I do have to prune the tomatoes, to keep them growing under the lights. This has been such a blast!
The only problem is leaving it for a week while we go to Logan for Christmas. I asked my neighbor to come over every other day and give the plants a shake and make sure the water is full. She was happy to do it, but I'm sure would love to have a few tomatoes when they get ripe!
Here's the web site where you can buy an aero garden: http://www.aerogrow.com/
2 comments:
That's wonderful! What a great gift :)
How awesome! I'm going to check out that site. This year the dakrats ate our blossoms on the tomato plants and they also ate all the zucchini before they could get bigger than three inches.
Post a Comment